Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 58 (2-27-11)



Rockland Psychiatric Center is home to some of the creepiest buildings I've ever seen.  Abandoned, boarded up, vine and ivy covered run down buildings are spread out all over the 600 acres which make up the campus. Since childhood, this place has both intrigued and frightened me.  I hope one day to be able to photograph this place in detail, and be able to get inside some of the abandoned buildings because I'm sure it's twice as creepy as it is in my head.

32mm
f/11
ISO 400
1/249

2 comments:

  1. In Asheville there is a similar pysch hosptial where Ernest Hemingway's wife, Zelda, died in a fire (she was LOOOONEY!!!!) It's SOOO creepy in there. They USED to do a huge haunted house in there which added to the creepy. Now it is condemned (I mean the place caught on fire and was never restored, it's a miracle no one feel through the freaking floor to begin with!) but still standing. It's weird the feeling you get passing places like this. Like the tortured souls where never able to be free.
    Great shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spooooooooooooooooky! And, when I enlarged it, it totally looks like there is a light on in one of the windows. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete