Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 38 (2-7-11)



Went on a wild goose chase to bumfuck nowhere tonight to pick up boxes from a house that ended up being in a gated community.  I say wild goose chase because I was not privy to the security code to get me in, and the security camera which is aimed at the gate is either not functional, or not monitored.  After several minutes of flashing my high beams at it and waving, I gave up and drove the 35 minutes back home.

On my way back, I passed the above building (not finished yet but well lit as you can see) in the relatively empty section of Brunswick Forest.  It is set a good distance off the road, and lit by what appears to be 1000 watt lights.  After driving around the empty lot a few times, I parked and got out.  I probably didn't make it 5 steps before security in a 4x4 came high tailing out of nowhere.  Literally nowhere.  This building is several hundred yards away from anything, and because it's not even finished, there were no roads that I could see except for the one I came in on, and the parking lot.  Yet from the other side of the building this dude shows up.  After exchanging pleasantries for a few minutes, and promising to be quick and leave, he allowed me to take a few pictures.  It's a pretty cool looking building.. at night at least.  Except I can't figure out why it's called New Hanover Regional Medical Center Health & Diagnostics, considering it's in Brunswick.

24mm
f/7.1
ISO 1600
1/8

2 comments:

  1. You have such an eye! Just to let you know there are medical offices in this building, it's not fully occupied, but the overall 'shell' is complete and some 'upfits' are in the works as well. It's a satelite location for the NHRMC, so they can serve out in this county so the residents don't have travel over the 'BIG' bridge. Just saying. Great pic though! -LJZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw that there have been a rash of break ins at Brunswick Forest (glad it costs so much to live there!) So maybe they thought you were the culprit! heh.
    Enjoying these!

    ReplyDelete