Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 61 (3-2-11)



My brother Scott is the piano player in the family.  I took lessons for a brief period of time when I was younger, and I never practiced and never learned anything.  I know what the keys are, and I even know a few chords, but playing is not something I can do.  Tooling around is more like it.  I really like the piano and wish I had taken my lessons seriously.  It would have greatly helped my guitar playing.  Many really really great guitar players either started out on the piano or also play the piano.

Anyway, tonight I figured out the melody from "Win One for the Reaper", by Michael Giacchino.  If you are unfamiliar with the title, chances are you are at least familiar with the tune.  It's the sad music from "Lost", specifically from Season 1, although hints of it can be heard throughout songs from all six seasons. To me it is the quintessential piece from "Lost", and is one of my favorite tracks.

80mm
f/5.6
ISO 1600
1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment